Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tour the Lane {Kitchen}

I thought it might be fun to do a tour of my home, and what better place to start than the kitchen? This is where we spend 90% of our time.

It goes a little something like this: Eat, clean, eat, clean, homework, eat, clean, eat clean … I think you get my drift. Someone is always eating and I am always cleaning it up, just in time to eat again!

And while we LOVE our kitchen, there are a few things that when building our house and designing the kitchen we didn’t consider (like say, the fact that we would end up being a family of four six … which has led us to a few little problems.

 

DSC02591

 

Do you notice anything that might be a problem? Yep! No kitchen table!!! This is the single thing that drives me crazy about our kitchen. Yes we have a HUGE island that we {thought} would work and is awesome for baking and entertaining.

 

The problem?

It fits five chairs, and we have six bodies needing chairs!

 

The solution?

Dad stands, while everyone else chills in their chairs. Hardly ideal in my book.

 

The Plan?

Eventually we will chop that big beautiful island down to a third of it’s size to accommodate a table that we can ALL fit around. It will be bitter sweet. I really do love having such a huge workspace, but I’m willing to trade it for the mere sake of family dinner time. It will be so nice to all sit down together for a meal!

 

DSC02587

 

DSC02593

 

This little area is where I spend way to much time. It’s pretty much command central around here. It’s where I blog and pay bills. I also keep all the kids school papers and every thing that keeps our home and family running.

 

DSC02597

 

DSC02598

 

DSC02603

 

DSC02606

 

DSC02609

 

DSC02608

 

DSC02610

So there you have it, the Dahl family kitchen. I love my kitchen, but like I said earlier it needs a few changes. I’m thinking that it needs some lightening and brightening.

OOOH the possibilities! New paint? A lighter island and hood? Or I could go all out and paint the cabinets? Some fun new barstools?

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment