Sunday, August 5, 2012

Project Side/Back Yard: Part 1

 

We have lived in our home for five years now and have slowly but surely been picking away at something new in the yard each year. This year we decided to focus on the raised part of our backyard which very recently looked like this. Blah!!!

DSC03087

 

Although the kids found it to be the perfect place for things like mud wars, dumping and driving  their dump trucks, and even an occasional mud bath (no joke!), the husband and I were growing tired of the mud and dirt. And to be honest, if I had to weed that spot one more time I was probably going to freak!

So, we came up with a plan.

First: Install sprinklers for upcoming flowers beds and grassy area.

Second: Take out the paver steps that we made when we put in the paver wall and replace them with concrete steps. The paver steps ended up being way to narrow and you could barely fit a kids foot on each step let alone an adult foot. They were not super safe to say the least.

Third: Pour a concrete walkway to separate the soon to be grassy area from the garden.

Fourth: Grass!

Fifth: Finishing touches like flowers and mulch.

 

Here’s a visual of what we are thinking. We are hoping to spend less than $350 when all is said and done. I can’t wait to finish it up, but in the meantime I will be back to show you each step as we complete it along the way!

DSC03087

 

***********************************************************************************************

On a totally different note, I have added a couple of new features to the blog. There is now a pinterest button so you can check out what I am loving right now, and I also added a my cakes tab at the top of the blog. Go ahead and check those out! And if you like what you are seeing, you can make sure you don’t miss a post by becoming a follower! Have a great end to your weekend, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment