Sunday, November 11, 2012

Adventures in Pinland {School Paper Organization}

 

Organization is one area that I struggle with. It seems like everywhere I look there are messes and piles and more messes. Don’t get me wrong, I love things to be neat and tidy and organized, I just struggle getting to that point. That’s why this pin was perfect for me! I actually saw it way back in May when I was doing a little organizing of our command central. I made room for the school boxes and even bought all the supplies, and then they sat and sat unfinished for months.

Not only am I glad to now have a spot for all of the kids important school papers that collect over the years, but I am glad to have a lingering project checked off the list. Love it when that happens!

 

100_0757

 

Each folder is labeled (pre – 12 grade) so I can easily file papers and pictures accordingly. The cute labels on the front of each file are available to download over at Dandee. She printed hers onto sticky labels but I just printed them onto printer paper, cut them out and then glued them on. I’m thinking I may gussy them up with a little washi tape … wouldn’t that be cute?

 

100_0759

 

All in all this pin was a win! I love that I now have a place to corral all the kids important papers and pictures through the years, and that it also controls the volume of what I can keep. But I think my favorite thing about it is that I can easily flip through the files and see how my kids have changed and grown from year to year. Then, once the kids are grown and finished with school, they too will be able to look back and remember their school days, how they looked, who their teachers were, and see all the great things that they accomplished along the way!

 

How do you organize your kids school papers? I need a good system for the everyday flow of stuff that comes home from school and clutters up my counters. Any ideas?

 

Kristin

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet
    Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give
    you a quick heads up! Other then that, very good
    blog!

    Here is my web blog; audio system

    ReplyDelete