Tuesday, September 11, 2012

All Day Thrift Marathon

 

It’s not very often that I get to go on an all day thrifting/shopping spree (ok, more like never!) so when my mom called me up and said she was in the “shopping mood” and ready to find some new things for her house, I was totally on board! I mean really, how could I pass up shopping and thrifting with someone else’s money? Not to mention some quality time with my mom!

To me, the best kind of shopping trip and the one’s where I usually find the most fabulous treasure’s are the ones where there is absolutely no agenda, and this was exactly our plan … to have no plan. Does that make any sense?

My mom knew she wanted to redo their great room, but didn’t have any specific idea of what she wanted other than to lighten and freshen it up and to have it done in a few days (it was a surprise for my Dad and she wanted it to be done before he got back in town!) So we shopped and shopped … and shopped some more. We shopped at thrift stores, at discount stores, at retail stores, we even found a free hutch on the side of the road during all this (that right there was a sign of good things to come). Believe me when I say we shopped like I have never shopped before. It was so much fun to find things along the way and have the room come together piece by piece. You would think we were gitty little school girls whenever we found something awesome!

As we the day went on, we would drive back to my house and unload, only to fill the truck back up and come unload again and again! Here is how my garage looked after a day of shopping. And this didn’t even include all of the linins and accessories that were piling up too!

DSC02837

 

DSC02838

 

DSC02839

 

We found this old shoe shiners stand (at least that’s what we think it is) for only $30 at the DI. We fell in love and had to have it! It will be perfect with a new top as a TV stand … I can’t wait to get started on it!

DSC02840

 

After all the shopping was done, it was time for the overhaul! It took a lot of work and it was a super late night, but it was so worth it! I love how it turned out … check back later this week for the reveal!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see what creative things you do with all of these fabulous finds! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see, and see the house in person, I'm seriously dying to get up there!

    ReplyDelete